Monday, August 18, 2008

Lasts

As I walked to work today, on pretty much the same route I've taken for months and months, I realized that it was the last time I'd have to wake up on a Monday to walk to my job.

The walk was disappointing. Nothing interesting happened, but it was the first day of school for the kids at Dora Moore, on 8th and Corona. I could hear them from a block away, playing, enjoying each others company like 3 months had not passed since they last spend any real time together.

I did get passed by a group of four ladies walking. They were in their late 40s, early 50s, and walking like Banshees must walk when they want to relax. One lady was talking about her most recent bad date with a man who was good-looking, but a "a total dick." She expressed a desire to find "a nice guy."

"Why can't anyone be both?" Her friend asked her.

It was this sort of thing that led me to look at myself in the window at the tattoo shop on 14th and Ogden.

Am I both?, I asked myself.

No comments: