Thursday, July 3, 2008

People are funny

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. A lot of the stuff I see walking to work isn't scary, it's just funny.

I think one of my favorite things that happens when I'm walking is when someone is walking in the same direction as me. I somehow catch up with them, because I'm walking fast (losing weight, all that good stuff).

But I can never bring myself to pass these people up.

Some people are pushing a stroller. Some people are just walking like I am.

BUT FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE OUT FOR A LEISURELY STROLL.

They walk slow. They take up the whole sidewalk. And then, when I finally do try to pass them, the decide that it's the worst thing in the world. Then we have to awkwardly walk in a single-file line, for a block or two.

Or six.

That's what happened to me this morning. I had to pass this guy near 12th and Downing. He was just walking too slow.

So I passed him and he decided that it was emasculating him. So he tried to keep up with me.

Buddy, not a good idea. I may be a little chubby, but my legs are muscle. I could kick my foot through a cement wall.

So, to the guy with the tiger tattoo and the rainbow bandanna -- better luck next time.

No comments: